Friday, March 12, 2010

Prismatic Blue...

a couple little things you should know about me...

i never win anything in my life...

except the time i won a bottle of sunkist pop from payless shoe source when i was about 8 years old...

i know...how in the world was i so lucky!?!?...

but guess what...i had to share...with my older brother...sigh...

no it didn't taste sweeter because of it...

sharing + sweeter feeling/taste...didn't happen...

i guess that is not quite so bad as when my mom won a can of coffee as a young child...

she didn't get to share...and experience that feel good sweeter sensation that everyone said would happen...which didn't...

nope...

she had to give it back!?!?....yep...

can you see where i get my luck from....

anyways...

i am posting here today to let you all know i am breaking the not so lucky streak in my family...

because this arrived in my mailbox today...



Photobucket

i know...swoon...

not only is the necklace absolutely amazing...but that tin is..oh.my.divine.

Melinda the Designer and Owner of Alabaster Rose Designs was hosting a giveaway on her blog...

which i won...

happy happy joy joy...



Photobucket

another little thing about me...

i'm a cowgirl...

yep...

born and raised in the saddle...



Photobucket

this necklace fits me to a t and it even has the year of my birth..

...1904...

it's all about the prairie air ladies...

yep...

no need for that fountain of youth...

just join me on the prairie...



Melinda's designs are exactly what this prairie girl was looking for in jewelry...

vintage inspired with a little prairie thrown in the mix...

so guess what...

Faded Prairie will be carrying Alabaster Rose Designs starting this spring...

*thank you* to melinda, you are too sweet and i can't wait to work with you!!

13 comments:

Suzann said...

I. Love. That. Necklace.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristin,
I am so glad you like the necklace. It was so meant for you!
I can't wait to work with you too!
The pictures you took of your necklace are beautiful.
Enjoy!!
Sincerely,
Melinda

Jackie said...

I love that necklace and it couldn't be more perfect for you (so, if I couldn't win it, I'm glad you did)!! I love Melinda's jewelry so much! How great for you guys to work together!!

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

That necklace is so pretty! Good idea to start selling it!
Just wanted to tell you that I love your blog!
Beth

Katie said...

Could you rub some of your good luck on to you little sis! I have got to have one of those necklaces! Does she have one that says princess? (I don't think cowgirl fits me.) Yes, I am the baby of this family!

Amy Kinser said...

I am so happy for you that you won! I am like you and never win anything. That's okay,though, maybe I am waiting for something really BIG to win!!

chris said...

So much better than a soda! Lucky Girl. Lucky You.

Martha said...

It's just beautiful, beautiful!!! I love it, and i love how perfect it is for you:) You enjoy those winnings!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous! And I laughed out loud about your age.

Unknown said...

You go girl! I started really feeling bad there for a few minutes. I found myself wanting to send you something...:)
I'm so glad that you won (happy dancing for ya) Enjoy that sweet feeling of victory~

Faund Images said...

SO GLAD YOU WON! I absolutely LOVE it! When you're wearing it at the library, call me... I wanna come see!!!
PS I never win anything either... so I'm just going to be happy YOU did.

Anonymous said...

you crack me up, year of your birth...snicker! So glad that unlucky streak was smashed with this beautiful peice, so you, so perfect!! and congrats on your mention on Alices blog, I saw that last week...you fit in perfectly!

Patina Soul said...

Hey girl!
I was looking at the Barn Boys blog/marketplace just now, and came across this... www.barnhousemarket.mybisi.com/product/soldered-frame-bull4-sp

It made me think of you. They have several styles.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...