Thursday, March 4, 2010

13 Strawberries...

okay....


you all know that i'm a natural kind of girl....

i *love* the muted tones that i find here on the prairie...

bring them into my home....and sigh...pure bliss...

but.....

oh.my.goodness.girls...

we have a family wedding coming up the first of may...

{congrats candis and hyrum!}

so i have weddings on my mind...

do you ever wish that you could do over...

with the same guy of course....{love you sweetheart}

yes, i just called my cowboy sweetheart...darling...snookums...

hhmmm....{my birthday is coming...so....}

sweetie pie...

*i love you*

:0)

anyways...i've been thinking of our wedding...which was pretty...way back then...in the 90's...sheesh...

maybe just maybe he would go for doing the whole renewing vows kind of thing this year...

you know we'll have been married 13 years...my lucky number so why not?!?....

i really, really *love* this...




Photobucket



oh.my.

love the whole retro feel of this...


i mean you seriously can't go wrong with homemade mini pies and old fashioned coca cola classic can you?!?



Photobucket

and don't even get me started on the strawberries in the retro blue strainers....


Photobucket


i don't think i could pull off the pearls but i'm sure i could find some vintage style necklace to top off that ruffled dress...

i know....it is so out of my range of colors...but for one day...

i better see if the husband will agree....

husband...

darling...

sweetie...

*chirp* *chirp* *chirp*

hhhmmm...i think one wedding and this prairie girl might have been to much for someone... ;0)



inspiring photos can be found here

12 comments:

Jackie said...

I would completely love to do my wedding over. I wouldn't change anything about the man I married, but I'm loving all the sweet, casual, beautiful wedding ideas I see around now and those kinds of wedding definitely fit me better than the one I had (which was totally formal and traditional).

*The Beautiful Life* said...

How sweet! I have definitely noticed a trend in weddings toward a more "farmhouse/prairie style" -- much more laid back and casual -- many outdoors in a large barn. I love seeing this!

Although, there are still the over-the-top gazillion-dollar weddings out there, but like you, I'd love a do-over ---- this time reflecting the real "me" vs. the shy whatever-you-think-we-should-have girl I was back at 19. :)

I think my wedding was more a reflection of my mother in law than me -- but she was great, so that's cool ;)

Good luck getting your cowboy to agree to a vow renewal in a strawberry theme! Fun!

Ruth

Anonymous said...

Beautiful inspiration! I would like to renew our wedding/vows too - more like a casual prairie picnic with close friends and family. Hope your husband goes for it - because we would all love to see the pictures!
Sarah

Katie said...

Seeing these pictures remind me of your strawberry short cake doll when we were little. You had everything strawberry shortcake, I think you even had a birthday party with everything strawberry. Things do come back in style. Love you!

Destiny said...

Love the strawberries in the little paper sacks...and the coke bottles....how cute is that for a wedding reception..especially a summer wedding! Oh, and I STILL have my strawberry shortcake doll from when I was a kid...you squeeze her belly and she blows strawberry scented kisses! : )

Anonymous said...

wow wee, these caught my attention...so pretty...i want to do my wedding over, uhm errr...weird! Those strawberries are darling and the blue strainers love 'em!! Great ideas for a party too!

Petie said...

Please, put me on your guest list. I just have to be at this wedding. It is beautiful! I just Love your blog.
Petie

Kaylin said...

Yeah with one sister getting married last Sept. and Candis' in May I've been finding myself trying to live vicariously through them...Candis has been a little easier to convince of my ideas, Lori not so much;)

Amy Kinser said...

How different and how pretty those pictures were. My wedding was black and white and my bridesmaids wore black and white polka dots dresses. I am not a pastel kind of girl. The polka dots were a little different for 20 years ago. I loved them. A do over with my same main squeeze would be fun.

Martha said...

I love your inspiration photos...I would only do it over again if we could renew our vows on the 13th {we were married on the 13th...our fav number too} and on a beach...oh how I love those strawberries in those blue strainers!!! Of course to the same guy too:)

Wendy said...

Pretty pretty wedding!

I'm mourning the fact that I didn't buy those clock faces a couple of days ago. Sigh. What was I thinking? You snooze, you lose. right?

If you get anymore, let me know please. I've been wanting some for ages.

I'm also beginning to wonder if the winner of the giveaway is out of town or something...she had like 3 entries, so I know she wants them. I'll email her again today, and if she hasn't responded by the end of the weekend, I'll pick another winner.

Oh, and I'm serious about the clock faces. ;-)

xoxo
Wendy

Dionne said...

These colors are divine. Love the sweet retro look!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...