Friday, January 28, 2011

Photography Projects...





today is tempting...

tempting and teasing us with spring...

so i am headed out to help baby calves suck, doctor calves, check on calves, and hopefully not have to help a heifer calve... :0)

can you tell we are in the middle of calving season?!?

the husband is off rounding up cattle..

so it is up to the kids and me today...

and i show you a picture of a hen...go figure?!?

i did want you all who are looking to improve your photography skills, learn the basics, and practice, practice, practice...

there are some *amazing* sites that are offering projects and linky parties on just exactly how to do this!

becky of {farmgirl paints} is hosting The Thrive Project!! *love* this...she shares tips and tricks on all the basics...*fabulous*!





jeanne of {a bushel and a peck} is taking photos with a purpose...

every friday during the month of februray she will post a theme and you take photos that fit within that theme...

a great way to practice and celebrate love all month long!!



and lara with {modern prairie girl} is hosting a fun, unique, photo challenge...



where you find any {still-life} object around your house and play!!

these are just a FEW challenges, and projects going on around blogland...

there are many 365 day challenges, 10 for 10, and 52 projects on flickr so spread your wings and challenge your photographer self!!

{i will talk a little bit more about some other challenges and e-courses within the coming weeks that i will be participating in! *love* this blogging land!!} ;0)

what about you?? are you already participating in some? know of some fabulous ones out there?? Please share!!

have a wonderful, tempting spring weekend!




11 comments:

Unknown said...

Lots of hard work, I some times miss my horse farm and the small amount of cattle we had, I don't think people really understand the work that goes into having a working farm. Have a nice weekend.
Pattie

Petie said...

No...I need a new camera. I have a point and shoot (I think that is what you call them) so, my pictures are nothing to look at. Some day...
Love what you are doing with your pics...amazing. But of course, I have always admired your blog and pics. Thanks for keeping the agriculture industry going. I am grateful for folks like you.

Farmgirl Paints said...

Can't believe it feels like spring where you are at...can I come over;)??

Thanks so much for the shout out. Hopefully this teaching others thing will pay off and I'll learn a thing or two too:) Happy weekend.

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

THANK YOU so so much for sharing these wonderful blogs!
I love your picture of the hen!
Beth

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!!

Anne Lorys said...

You are so right, the only way to really get better is to practice.

You can read about photography basics until you're blue in the face, but there's no substitute for just grabbing that bad boy by the neck, switching him to Manual Mode, and clicking away! :-)

Oh, and don't forget that Pioneer Woman always has photo challenges, too!

Happy Weekend,
Anne

from me to thee......... said...

OMG !!! LOVE the hen picture....as a farm woman myself, we have hens cattle, horses and cats....but, hens melt my heart. That picture is awesome, you do a WONDERFUL job at photo's.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Thank you for sharing!

I still only have a point and shoot but have still been practicing. Maybe I'll take my honey up on his offer for a new camera!

Heaven's Walk said...

I desperately need a new camera! I want to learn about photography and try all of these wonderful new ways of taking photos.....but am stopped by my simple point and shoot camera. :( I am definitely asking for a new camera for Christmas. No question about it..... lol! Have fun with calving season, Kristin! If we lived closer, I'd love to help out on your ranch! :)

xoxo laurie

sharon santoni at my french country home said...

Thanks for this great post, I'm sending the link to my daughter so she joins in with her photo blog.
I'm sure you have alot of work right now with calving season, you probably all drop into bed at the end of the day!
Sharon

MODERN Prairie Girl said...

Thanks for the link love! You're the sweetest.

I love the basket image..you are sooo good at capturing the simple things and showing their beauty.

p.s. Check our Petticoats on the Prairie, a junk show in West Texas..they contacted me and just the cutest :)
oxox
Lara

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...